Sunday 6 February 2011

A brief introduction

Hello to you all!

Firstly let me tell you a little bit about myself, I am married to Phil and have been for quite a few years (or should I say a lot!) we have 2 children, Charlotte who is 18 and at University and Seb 14 at Secondary School.

We live in a Victorian Terraced house in a medium sized village in a beautiful area in Lancashire.

We have 4 dogs, Labrador (Finn), Springer (Skye), Jack Russell (Pru) & Bavarian Mountain Hound (Casca). We also have a horse Rosie who is currently away on loan.

Well, just as I think that after the 1st of Feb that is it for the Pheasant Shooting and all associated with it. I have been informed today that the catching up of the hens will be commencing in about 3 weeks. (For those that you don't know, this is when hen pheasants are caught in special cages and then transported to a breeder where they lay eggs). Unfortunately, this means trips 2 or 3 times a day to the shoot to collect them.

Also less than a week after the end of the season (and it must seem like a long time till the start of the next) today I got 'invited' to go clay shooting with the boys! Only when I got there I found out it was my job to press the button when 'PULL' was shouted, to mark their score cards and carry bags! By the time we arrived home, walked dogs and sorted out for school and work etc the day has nearly gone.

Seb got a ghillie suit for xmas and is desperate to try it out in the better weather along with his survival kit (budding Bear Grylls!). He has mastered using his flint and can't wait for drier weather.

The bavarian is nearly 1 and is coming along well in her training, their natural ability is amazing! Her registered name is Zerno Celestine and we got her from Mark & Alison at Paintandpins.co.uk.

Please call back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment